1. Principles of Design: Being in the designing business means knowing the name of the game. One should know what design, in actuality, comprises of. The six basic elements of design: balance, proximity, alignment, repetition, contrast, and space. If you are a designer or are planning to become one, make sure you have your hands on all the principles of design.
2. Creativity: Creative instincts are intertwined to one’s personality. However, one cannot ignore the fact that to be creative, one needs to know the salient features of the design. Besides knowing mere design principles, you should know how to use them in a much efficient and effective form.
3. Composition: Let’s check on what all we have till now. Design Principles-check, Creativity-check; it brings us up to composition. Suppose you have ideas in your mind and you know how to present them practically. The next thing is having the knowledge of creating your design, and to know how you can present it in a subtle yet effective manner. Therefore, the composition of the design is indeed very important.
4. Software: There is innumerable software for designing. Some of these include Google Web designer, Adobe Dreamweaver, Web Plus, Bluefish, etc. Even before stepping into the shoes of becoming a well-established designer, the candidate must know each software they think would be beneficial for making the most out of the designs.
5. HTML- Coding becomes inseparable of web designing in the modern era. Every web designer must know the salient features of coding so that they become able to work in sync with the developers. This is a purely technical skill. The degree or Diploma courses which you choose to become a web designer will surely make you well-versed with this trait.
6. Team player: Now, being a web designer doesn’t mean that you have all the command over your work. You need to remember that there are more than two people you are working for and with. The developers, content creators, the company owners, etc, are some of the other job profiles which demand your coordination. So, make sure that you are comfortable being a team player as there won’t be a good web designer in the long run if one keeps on going against the team.
7. Time management: Time is a crucial part of one’s life. To manage it means knowing how to live all the phases of life. Web designers get a lot of work. There is indeed workload on the designers as they have to make sure that the designs are up to date and that there is no flaw anywhere whatsoever. Consequently, the candidates must know how to divide the work and time.
8. Customer-friendly: There might be situations when you will be talking directly to the customers. You need to know what the customer wants and need to share a plan accordingly. Make sure that you are trained well enough to talk to the customers and cater to their needs.
9. Dynamic: The world changes and so does its designs. The same things happen with the websites. After a while, there comes a need to revamp and renovate the websites. Web designers should be skilled enough to grasp the present-day demands and well apprised to provide them with new and better designs.
10. User Experience: Once you understand the client's expectations and your boss has told you how you can make it better but the real question is how will you make it available for the user. User Experience is all about focusing on the user’s requirements, his needs, and limitations. This is the greatest of all skills because user satisfaction tops the charts when it comes to business.
While all of the above-discussed things are of utmost importance not to be ignored, it should not skip one’s mind that it is a dynamic and continuous process. For some, these things are innate and for others, these are acquired. Change is the only constant. Consequently, if you plan on acquiring these traits, you surely need to get in touch with one of the best colleges in India which offer Web Designing Course. Once you have tied-up with the best web designing colleges in India, you will experience all these skills enshrining in your work techniques. In short, become agile, hard-working and zestful and obstructions will become a thing of the past.