Chandigarh College of Pharmacy: Premier College for Pharmacy
Chandigarh College of Pharmacy (CCP) is an affiliate of Chandigarh Group of Colleges (CGC) which is established under Sri Guru Ram Dass Educational Society (Regd.) under the dynamic leadership of Mr. Satnam Singh Sandhu, Chairman and Mr. Rashpal Singh Dhaliwal, President. CCP under the aegis of CGC is a premier institute in the northern region of India, setting benchmarks in the field of pharmaceutical sciences with its research. The institution was established in the year 2005 with an insight to promote excellence in pharmaceutical education and research. CCP is approved by Pharmacy Council of India (PCI, New Delhi), All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) and is affiliated to Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar. It is recognized as Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (SIRO) by the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research (DSIR), Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India for promoting and advancing the research.
Our faculty has extensive experience in the industry, research as well as teaching. Our strength is a reflection of their skills, innovation, and drive. The classroom teaching is supplemented by guest lectures by key persons from various functional areas of research, production, and marketing from large and mid-sized pharmaceutical companies who interact with our graduates and give them inside information on latest industry trends and happenings in this ever-expanding field.
In the era of globalization, CCP Landran offers every possible opportunity for its students to explore the study options abroad. More than forty-five Memorandums of Understanding have been signed with top foreign universities in the USA, UK, Canada, Belgium, Netherlands, South Korea, Denmark, Finland and many more. CCP students have traveled across the globe through various Foreign Exchange Programs.
ICT based Classrooms
With a vision to provide superior quality education, CCP has become well equipped with modern information and communication technology (ICT) based classrooms, State-of-the-art laboratories, digital library, herbal garden, animal cell culture laboratory, and experimental animal house facility duly approved by Committee for Control and Supervision of Experiments on Animals (CPCSEA), New Delhi.
Central Instrumentation Laboratory (CIL) at CCP is fully operational with sophisticated instruments of the modern world. These instruments include High-Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC), Attenuated total reflectance (ATR), Particle size analyzer, Ultrasonic Homogenizer, UV-Visible spectrophotometer, Lyophilizer, and other latest technologies.
SIRO by DST
Chandigarh College of Pharmacy has had the honor of being recognized as Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (SIRO) by the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research (DSIR), Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India. It is all due to the ultramodern infrastructure and inclusion of the latest scientific equipment. Quality is an indispensable part of CCP!
Highlights of Chandigarh College of Pharmacy
- CCP has been conferred five times with the award of “Best Private Pharmacy College in Punjab” by reputed organizations
- The institute has a special research advisory board for the efficient conduct of research activities.
- The institute has a separate animal house approved by CPCSEA for research work.
- The college has various national and international publications in journals of high repute.
- The college regularly organizes health camps with the collaboration of renowned hospitals in Ludhiana city.
- Students regularly visit various GMP certified pharmaceutical industries at Himachal Pradesh and Punjab.
- House to latest equipment like Zeta sizer, Brookfield viscometer, UV-VIS spectrophotometer, High-Performance Liquid Chromatography, Dissolution apparatus, Rotary tablet punching machine, Planetary mixer, Granulator, Filter press, etc.