Industry-Academia Interface — Helping students grow!
Industry interface is a prerequisite for educational institutes across. We at CGC, Landran strongly believe in building a firm foundation for corporate interface through intense industry connects and practices. Our students are highly encouraged to undertake industry projects, presentations, case studies, research work and working as trainees to gain practical experience in the industrial working environment. Making them ready for a successful professional career we undertake special initiatives such as Pre-placement Training, Industry-Institute Interface, Conferences and Seminars.
We have a significant number of international associations with renowned international universities for internship and training giving our students the much required global exposure. Besides that, we also conduct quite a few student exchange programs giving an added advantage to our students. We have endorsements and accreditation’s from companies like TCS, Wipro Technologies Ltd, L&T Infotech Ltd, Oracle, Dell Services, Newgen Software Tech Ltd, Birla Soft Indian Ltd, Verizon Data Services India Ltd, Capgemini India Pvt Ltd, and various others. Our expert team at CGC, Landran is persistently in touch with leading corporate groups and works closely towards analyzing the industry expectations and standards. Industry stalwarts are invited to hold special talks and discussions at CGC, Landran apprising the students on prevailing industry expectations preparing them in accordance. CGC, the best college in Punjab has the perseverance to get the foremost companies associated with recruitment’s which undoubtedly reflects in our continuously soaring placement figures consistently for 18 years.
ICT Academy is a Government of India initiative formed in close alliance with the state Governments and Industries. ICT Academy is a non-profit society, a trailblazing venture under the Public-Private-Partnership (PPP) model that attempts to train higher education teachers and students to furnish next-generation teachers and industry-ready students. The establishment of the ICT Academy had a mission of bestowing towns of tier 2 & tier 3 and other rural areas with quintessential industry traits, thereby helping in the generation of more employability. ICT Academy was founded with representations from the State Government of Tamil Nadu, leading companies in the ICT industry and the National Association of Software Services Companies (NASSCOM) in India.
In the last decade, ICT Academy kept providing holistic service to every stakeholder of the education ecosystem with a vision of developing a bigger and better talent pool in India. And it aims at helping these talented people become industry-ready employees, innovators, entrepreneurs, and leaders.
ICT Academy has been recently endorsed and recommended by NITI Aayog (National Institution for Transforming India Aayog), the National Planning body of Government of India, as one of the unique organizations for dissemination and replication, which is aligned to the Skill India Vision of the Government of India. Through its various initiatives, ICT Academy has been part of strengthening India’s four important visions on Skill India, Digital India, Startup India and Make in India.
ICT Academy focuses and contributes its services, on the following Seven Areas:
- Faculty Development
- Skill Development
- Research and Publication
- Youth Empowerment
- Entrepreneurship Development
- Digital Empowerment
- Industry Institute Interaction
CISCO NETWORKING Academy
Chandigarh Engineering College Landran has been an academic partner of Cisco Systems, USA, since 2014. The primary aim of this partnership is to add more to the teaching-training module offered to the students on strategic technologies.
MOU between CEC and CISCO was signed to give students an environment to understand and get expertise in seemingly incomprehensible technologies of today’s world and also assist them in cyber entrepreneurship to turn their ideas into reality. It will approach industry aggressively and in a more organized way for placement opportunities providing skilled students who are industry-ready.
There have been six courses executed by CEC Academy and the details of these courses are as follows:
- CCNA Introduction to Networking
- CCNA Routing and switching
- CCNA Scaling Networks
- CCNA Connecting Networks
- CCNA Security
- CCNA Cyber Operations.
Over the past five years, these courses have been successfully run by Chandigarh Engineering College, Landran and so, the institute recently received the Five-year Academy Service Award.
Palo Alto Networks
Palo Alto Networks in a Cybersecurity company that ensures the safe running of businesses around the world. Chandigarh Group of Colleges Landran has clinched a deal with the company, by which the students and the faculty will get trained.
Centre of Excellence
- CGC Landran signed an MOU with Palo Alto Networks to become a Centre of Excellence. It will become one out of 200 colleges across the globe that will be recognized as AAC.
- Faculty Development Programs will be provided where trained and about100 students will be certified in a year.
- The nodal institution will get 10 licenses on firewall security for conducting Faculty and Student training program activities.
The department of CSE-COE has formed an Academic Alliance with EMC2 whose primary mandate is to provide training on topics such as Data Protection and Management, Information Storage Management, Cloud Infrastructure, and Services v2, Data Science and Big Data Analytics. Apart from these subjects, this alliance provides the following facilities:
- READINESS TRAINING: Free faculty readiness training is provided through Video Instructor-led Training (Video-ILT).
- COURSEWARE: Comprehensive instruction materials that include course slides, facilitator guides, student exercises, and case studies will be provided.
- EMC ACADEMIC ASSOCIATE – FREE ONLINE TESTING: Proctor accounts are provided to administer the end-of-course EMC Academic Associate test.
- COMMUNITY: Registered faculty are granted access to the private Faculty Community with teaching resources and a networking forum.
CGC-COE is Oracle Academy Institutional member & Program Partner in providing free online training to the Oracle courses to our students and faculty. All students everywhere need access to good computer science education to become career ready in today’s global economy.
Oracle Academy’s program offers expertly developed learning resources and world-class industry technologies for individual students and educators, and comprehensive computer science academic curriculum and learning resources for four-year colleges and universities.
The provisions under this tie-up are:
- Course curricula centered on object-oriented programming (Java), database, and emerging technologies including artificial intelligence and machine learning, big data, and more.
- Access to the Oracle Academy Cloud Program, which provides access to the Oracle Cloud Free Tier for teaching and learning.
- Discounts on Oracle Press eBooks, Oracle Certification exams & Oracle University Training programs
- Workshops in a Box to introduce computing to students
- Oracle Academy Education Bytes — modular learning resources to promote experiential learning through labs, projects and challenges, and videos and presentations.
- Oracle Academy Application Express (APEX) workspaces for educators and students to work in the Oracle Database Cloud, plus technical support.
- Oracle software licenses for teaching and not-for-profit academic research use, plus technical support
- Eligibility to participate in Oracle Academy Advisory Groups
- Access to Member eBadge
- Access to Oracle Academy logos for member use and PDF poster downloads for classroom
- Free professional development for educators
UiPath is one of the pre-eminent Robotic Process Automation vendors which provides software solutions thereby promoting complete automation of business processes.
Robotic Process Automation (RPA) is one of the fastest-growing technologies in the IT industry, and UiPath is committed to helping universities/colleges adopt RPA as part of university programs. In this regard, UiPath extends the UiPath Academic Alliance which provides training in the same area.
Under this program, these provisions are laid down:
- Courseware, case studies, and other learning aids are provided to the faculty/educators.
- In-person, virtual and on-demand educator (faculty) readiness workshops are organized.
- Periodic refresher sessions for educators (faculty).
- Access to Online Educators (faculty) Community for Knowledge sharing and updates.
- Academic discounts on UiPath certification exams
- Connection with UiPath technology or hiring companies.
- Opportunity to take lead in impacting the ecosystem by becoming an educator training center / Regional academy / Center of Excellence
Established in 2013, the company offers opportunities to students by connecting students with the corporate for internships. Makeintern enables students to gain skills through workshops and e-learning. As Makeintern has formed tie-ups with Chandigarh Business School of Administration, it provides certification on following courses:
- Digital Marketing
- Affiliate Marketing
- Artificial Intelligence
- Business Analytics
- HR Analytics
- Accounting & financial management
After conducting a workshop on any of these topics the best 10 students are selected and a team is further sent to IIM for national-level competition on B Plans. The winning teams are given cash prizes as well as various opportunities to register ideas for startups.
Makeintern provides internship assistance to all the participants.
Major Benefit: Internship Opportunities:
All the participating students are given Free Internship assistance from Makeintern. Also, an MOU is signed between the college and Makeintern for providing internship openings to students. The selected five students are eligible to get recruitment assistance from Makeintern.
Red Hat Academy
Red Hat Academy in Tie-up with CGC, Landran provides a curriculum that involves hands-on experience across the platform, middleware, and cloud technologies built with input from Red Hat development, support, and field consulting teams. Red Hat’s curriculum is based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux, the leading enterprise Linux platform. Rather than learning theoretical skills, students learn practical skills based on use cases from thousands of enterprise implementations.
Features of Red Hat Academy:
- Only RHA students who are getting trained on RHA courses have the access to free HTML courseware on Gilmore (RHA) portal. The course is available online for 6 months, it can not be downloaded or printed. One can navigate by chapter and it is mobile browser friendly.
- Apart from Linux i.e. Cloud, DevOps and Middleware RHA programs are also available for interested students.
- Free Operating System “RHEL-8” for setting laboratories for students
- Certification for all RHA students.
- It offers a curriculum in Linux, cloud, and development technologies.
- It also prepares students with the foundational skills necessary to embark on other technology topics.
NASSCOM – EMPLOYABILITY ENHANCEMENT PROGRAM FOR STUDENTS
NASSCOM-Employability enhancement program aims at offering special training services to the students so that they can emerge as competent and well-qualified students. This program
- Helps in increasing the employability of Chandigarh Engineering College students by facilitating the development and introduction of the QP-based training programs.
- Helps in facilitating a sustainable Faculty Development Program
- Facilitates teaching-learning support for the pursuance of the said course(s) to enhance student employability.
- Recommends relevant courseware, certain books, e-tools, e-content and websites to support the self-paced learning for students
- Introduces the skill assessment/metric for QP-based assessments for students at the entry-level, in conjunction with the programs, to analyze the efficacy of the multiple skill development programs
- Introduces the skill assessment/metric for QP-based assessments for students, to facilitate employment at the entry-level
- Facilitates students towards QP certification via these newly introduced course(s) during the UG program and appear for the QP assessment at the appropriate NSQF level (National Skills Qualification Framework)
- Helps in establishing centers of excellence (CoE) for skill development
Under the IBM tie-up, the Department of Computer Science Engineering (CSE), CEC, conducted various Faculty development programs (FDPs) on different IBM tools for the faculty members in the session 2017-18.
IBM has given access to its tools including IBM Infosphere Big insights tool for Big Data, IBM Cognos tool for Descriptive Analytics, and IBM Watson tool for Cognitive Analytics.
In the future, the Department of Computer Science Engineering aims at imparting knowledge about the Artificial Intelligence Analyst and Blockchain Developer courses.
Infosys Campus Connect
Infosys Campus Connect is an industry-academia collaboration program focusing on aligning engineering student competencies with industry needs. Campus Connect aims at evolving a model through which Infosys and engineering institutions can partner for competitiveness, enhancing the pool of highly capable talent for growth requirements in the IT space. Chandigarh Engineering College Landran has been recognized as an Advanced Partner Institute in Infosys Campus Connect Program. Infosys had renewed its MoU with Chandigarh Engineering College in April 2019 for two years.
Under this tie-up, the following services are offered:
- Knowledge sharing sessions and discussions on the latest technologies used within the industry.
- Access to the online learning platform InfyTQ. InfyTQ is a first of its kind of mobile app and web platform for students in engineering colleges across India.
- Chance to be a part of the certification examination which is conducted in two rounds – the qualifier round and the final round.
- It also conducts “Hackwithinfy” to provide a perfect stepping stone for students to explore their passion for coding and programming.
- It also provides an opportunity to compete and earn a chance to work with Infosys.
VMware is the industry-leading virtualization software company. VMware technologies simplify IT complexity and streamline operations, helping businesses become more agile, efficient, and profitable.
VMware IT Academy Programs
VMware designed the IT Academy Program to introduce students to VMware technologies and equip them with VMware technical skills. VMware provides selected academic institutions through the Regional IT Academy with courses and programs developed by VMware. By instituting this program, VMware seeks to create a collaborative relationship with Academic institutions in India and training them in the areas of virtualization and cloud computing.
Under this tie-up, the following services are offered:
Benefits of being VMware IT academy:
- Establishment of a VMware Regional Academy
- Access to VMware licensed software-10 different software to different institutes.
- Training of 100 students in the nodal institution for joint certification
- Conducting one FDP on Vmware ICM 6.5
- VMware certifications
- Will be connected to the Industry partners of VMware to invite them for hiring the trained resources
- Provision of teaching materials for teachers & faculty and course materials for Students
- Placement facilitation for certified students
Amazon Web Service Educate
On-line training program from Amazon Web Services (AWS-Educate), gives students and educators access to learning resources.
The benefits of this include:
- Provision of resources for cloud-related learning. Those at member institutions receive twice as many AWS credits, demos, and special on-campus programs.
- Professors, teaching assistants, and educators receive access to AWS technology, open-source content for their courses, training resources, and a community of cloud evangelists.
- Students receive credits for hands-on experience with AWS technology, training, content, career pathways, and the AWS Educate Job Board
- Path to Cloud Learning
- AWS Educate Cloud Career Pathways provide students with access to credits, training, and the option to choose their desired cloud career. AWS Educate delivers a personalized path that includes content, knowledge checks, and badging that guides them through the learning process. The Cloud Career Pathways are available in all countries globally, with some exceptions.
- Find Cloud Job
The AWS Educate Job Board includes entry-level cloud jobs from global employers and companies. Students can search job requisitions that match their selected job family and skill set and apply for positions directly in the Job Board. Features associated with the AWS Educate Job Board are available in all countries globally, with some exceptions.
The International Council of E-Commerce Consultants (EC-Council) is a member-based organization that certifies individuals in various e-business and information security skills. It is the owner and creator of the world-famous certifications including
Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
Computer Hacking Forensics Investigator (CHFI) EC-Council Certified Security Analyst (ECSA)/License Penetration Tester (LPT)
Advantages of Academic membership with EC-Council:
- Chance to win academic awards through EC-Council Global Awards which are announced every year.
Pre-designed Academia syllabi with lesson plans and weekly breakdowns
Exclusive launch, sneak-peak, and beta testing opportunities
Opportunities to participate in cyber competition invites and scholarships.
- Hands-on practice with exclusive access to Cyber-range (iLabs), Content platform (Vital Source), Codered platform – EC-Council’s Free continuous learning platform, etc.
- The trainers get the benefit of becoming EC-Council’s Certified Instructor (CEI) and earn the official EC-Council’s Certified Ethical Hacker, CEH through our Live online Train the Trainer sessions.
Cheema Boilers Limited (CBL)
Cheema Boilers Limited is an ISO 9001: 2000 firm, established in the year 1999, engaged in manufacturing and exporting of process steam and power generation equipment for various industrial applications.
Scope of Interactions
Both CEC and CBL encourage interactions between the Engineers, Research fellows, faculty members and students of both the organizations through the following arrangements:
- Exchange of personnel through deputation as per the rules of the respective institute, for limited periods as mutually agreed.
- Organizing joint conferences and seminars.
- Practical training of CEC students at CBL
- Joint guidance of student projects/thesis in the field of power generation and other areas of national interest at CEC and CBL
- CBL accommodates B.Tech Students who have completed the 6th semester of their program in such a number that CBL deems convenient to it to impart industrial training.
- CBL may depute its personnel as visiting faculty at CEC to teach any of the specialized topics.
- CBL personnel, as well as research scholars, may also be allowed to enroll for their M.Tech. (Research) at CEC, subject to availability of seats, research facilities, and subject to their fulfilling eligibility criteria and all other academic regulations of CEC.
- CBL may seek assistance/guidance of CEC faculty member/s in product/process modification, modernization, troubleshooting, etc.
- CBL would allow the industrial visits of students for half/full day to provide them with exposure to various equipment, instruments, etc
- The student may be encouraged to take up the project such that CBL desirably benefits from its outcomes.
Texas Instruments & Chandigarh Engineering College, Landran
The department of ECE got a certificate for Centre of Excellence from Texas Instruments (TI) & its Indian partner Starcom Information Technology Limited. The department maintains a professional relationship with the Starcom Information Technology Limited & TI India University Program and organizes the workshop conducted under the TI University program. We have established an industry-supported laboratory which helps in skill enhancement of the students.
- The laboratory supported by Texas Instruments aims to provide hands-on experience to understand the basic modules of the program which help students to work on their platform and further participate in competitions.
- The laboratory can be used by students of all engineering disciplines.
- Our students and faculty members are motivated to participate in various competitions organized by Texas Instruments and Indian Government Departments (AICTE, DST) every year.