“We walk together, we move together, we think together, we resolve together, and together we take this country forward.”
-Narendra Modi, Prime Minister of India.
When all is said and done, it is only our deeds that matter and are remembered. And CGC, Landran truly values it. Working for social welfare is not an obligation but more of a desire.
Consequently, adherence to social responsibility is intrinsic to the college and on this basis, there are many initiatives which the college has undertaken. Have a look!
ISR initiatives during Pre-Parivartan Activities
During the celebration of annual fest Parivartan, college undertakes new initiatives. Last year, CGC Landran embarked on the journey of helping society altogether.
- The biotechnology Department at CGC Landran arranged Langar Seva for 500 people at Gurudwara Sahib of Sector 19.
- Happiness gets multiplied when shared! The college rendered Nishkaam Seva at Akal Ashram, Sohana.
Medical Check-up Camp Organized By Department Of Biotechnology, CGC Landran, In Association With Grecian Hospital, Mohali
To spread the light of Guru Nanak Dev Ji’s preachings, Chandigarh Group of Colleges Landran set the theme of annual fest Parivartan 2019 as ‘One for all, all for one’. As a part of various Pre-Parivartan activities, the Department of Biotechnology at CGC Landran organized a free medical check-up camp at Gurdwara Sri Singh Sabha Sahib, VPO Jandmajra, Kharar, Mohali on 6.11.2019 in collaboration with Grecian Hospital Mohali.
Chandigarh Engineering College bringing merry time to Samarth Jiyo (Mentally Challenged Children’s Home)
Adhering to the theme of Parivartan 2K19, CEC arranged a visit to Samarth Jiyo (Mentally Challenged Children’s Home) and packed the room with joyous activities. Since this visit was all about sharing, caring and loving, we named it ‘Sneh’. Students and faculty interacted with the children and merrily participated in events like Drawing competition, singing competition, dance performances, and lemon race. These activities were followed by the distribution of goodies
Pratishtha: A visit to Transgender Temple by CSE Department, Chandigarh Engineering College
When we learn to appreciate living beings just as they are, we become infinite. Keeping Guru Nanak Dev Ji’s teaching in focus, CEC spent time at Transgender Temple, Sector 26. The faculty and students of the College gave handmade cards, chocolates, and badges!
Pre Parivartan Activities,CCHMCT Landran
Joining the league of other colleges, CCHMCT played an active role in contributing to the society amidst the celebrations of Parivartan 2K19. Some highlights of those moments are:
- Faculty members and students visited Pinjore Garden with people from Old Age Home, Chandigarh. During the visit, food was also distributed to them.
- The college taught various methods using which the less fortunate could earn. CCHMCT employed its talent to help slum area residents of sector 91, Mohali by teaching them the methods of preparing low-cost dishes.
- Embarking on the same path of Guru Nanak Dev Ji’s teachings, faculty & staff CCHMCT distributed books and clothes to needy people.