Mechanical engineering is known as the evergreen branch among all the other branches of engineering. Traditionally, mechanical engineers have to deal with concepts such as mechanics, thermodynamics, robotics, kinematics, structural analysis, fluid mechanics with their applications in Automotive Sector, Power Sector, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Sector, Aerospace.
About Mechanical Engineering
Now-a-days the scope of mechanical engineering is expanding beyond its traditional boundaries and is more of inter-disciplinary in nature. Mechanical engineers are focusing their attention towards new areas such as nanotechnology, development of composite materials, biomedical applications, and environmental conservation. With this shift in paradigm the new job avenues have been opened for the mechanical engineers. Further with the call of Make in India given by Hon’ble PM of India the manufacturing sector shall be empowered and big players are going to setup their manufacturing plants in India. Mechanical engineering is one of the oldest branches of engineering, dating back to when the first wheels were put to practical use by mounting them on an axle to make a cart. Throughout recorded history, people have been inventing and building increasingly more sophisticated devices and machines in order to improve the conditions of life.
Future Job Scope of Mechanical engineering from CGCLandran
So there is wide scope of job avenues for Mechanical Engineers in India. Few job avenues are highlighted below:
- Aerospace industry – researches, designs, manufactures, operates and maintains aircraft
- Automotive industry – designs, manufactures, distributes and markets motor vehicles
- Chemical industry – covers oil companies, chemicals manufacturers and the businesses that support them (e.g. to build new plants or develop new process technologies)
- Construction industry – designs and builds infrastructure, buildings and buildings services (e.g. heating and ventilation)
- Defence industry – provides equipment, support and services for the armed forces and national security
- Electronics industry – designs and manufactures components and complete equipment for sectors from automotive to medicine and the military
- Fast moving consumer goods industry – manufactures products such as household cleaning items, personal hygiene goods and convenience foods
- Marine industry – develops and helps operate vessels
- Materials and metals industry – activities include developing new materials and manufacturing components or end products
- Pharmaceuticals industry – develops and manufactures drugs
- Rail industry – designs, constructs, manages and maintains rail system components from trains and tracks to electrical power systems and train control systems
- Utilities industry – helps supply power, water, waste management and telecoms
If you are Interested in Mechanical Engineering then CGC can fulfill your dreams and make your career at top Level. CGC (Chandigarh Group of Colleges ) is one of the top leading college in India. Chandigarh Group of Colleges has come out to be one of the leading technical campuses. Chandigarh Group of Colleges
Landran,Sector 112, Greater Mohali, Punjab 140307 Admission Helpline: 0172-3984200 Fax: 0172-3984207 Mobile: +91 95921 04444, +91 95921 14444, +91 95921 24444 Toll free; 1800 200 3575 FREE | Website: www.cgc.edu.in This entry was posted in Future Job Scope on March 10, 2016 by admin.