Commerce is a wide-ranging, all-encompassing discipline that brings endless opportunities to the candidates. It provides a ticket to a sea full of opportunities in the financial world. Those having this background play a vital role to regulate the economy of a nation. That is the reason behind all the Top Management Colleges in India offering a concoction of various programs related to this commerce background.
One thing that should be noted here is that apart from degrees related to the commerce field, the students can also go for other programs as well.
Bachelor of Commerce: B.Com is a three-year undergraduate course that is directly related to the commerce discipline. Within this degree, different subjects such as Taxation, Accounts, Finance, and other related ones are offered to the students.
- Career Opportunities after B.Com: It is one of the oldest degrees and still falls under one of the most repaying programs. Some of the best career opportunities include accountants, Auditors, Consultants, Company Secretaries, Business Analysts, Finance Officers, Sales Analysts, Tax Accountants, Stock Brokers, Economists, and Business Development Trainees, etc.
Bachelor of Computer Applications: BCA is a three-year degree that helps in the inculcation of skills related to the tech world. All those who have completed this degree can get jobs in big software/hardware companies such as Google, Microsoft, Dell, etc.
- Career Opportunities after BCA: The top job positions that a candidate can look into after completing this degree include Web Developers, Web Designers, Network Administrators, System Managers, Computer Programmers, Software Developers, and Software Testers, etc.
Bachelor of Business Administration: Bachelor of Business Administration is a three-year undergraduate degree that has always been sought after. BBA is directly related to the management field and hence, it has a lot of career opportunities appended to it. In just three years of this degree, the students will become capable enough to work on lucrative job posts and that is Why BBA is the right choice for commerce students after 12th.
- Career Opportunities after BBA: The conclusion of this degree will award students with many jobs. And with this degree, they can work as Finance Manager, Business Administration Researcher, Human Resource Manager, Research and Development Manager, Business Consultant, Information Systems Manager, Marketing Manager, Career development officer, Sales manager, and Recruiting Coordinator, etc.
Bachelor of Business Administration (Service Industry Management): BBA (SIM) of BBA Services Industry Management is a counterpart of the mainstream degree that focuses only on the tertiary sector and the activities related to them. The students here get instilled with the latest skills required to operate in the present world scenario/industry.
- Career Opportunities after BBA (SIM): The wide range of jobs that this degree offers include some of the most worthwhile posts such as Service Manager, Customer Relationship Manager, Front office executives, Customer care executives, Event managers, Health service managers, Sales Coordinator, and Retail Manager, etc.
B.Sc. (Graphic & Web Designing): Online presentation is the demand of the day and holds a higher position as everyone these days is inclined towards it. For the business websites to look as exciting and appealing, one needs to have the support of the best graphic designers out there.
- Career Opportunities: The top employment opportunities include Front end Web Developer, Back End Web Developer, Web Application Developer, Design and Layout Analyst, Senior Web Analyst, Web Marketing Analyst, Graphic Designer, Creative Director, User Experience (UX) Designer, User Interface (UI) Designer, Production Artist, Product Developer, Art Director, Marketing Specialist, and Multimedia Artist/Animator.
Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology: This degree is related to the hospitality industry and within this; the students learn the complete details about the functioning of the hotel and the catering industry and the way of operating and executing the related tasks.. Commerce students can also go for this degree if they wish to switch paths.
- Career Opportunities after Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology: After completing this degree, the students can work in the cruise liners, airlines, railway departments, hotels, etc.
Bachelor of Tourism and Travel Management: This is again a degree related to the hospitality industry but the only difference is that it directly connects to a vertical within. The travel and tourism degree will give access to the Tourism related job profiles which have always been in demand. So, you can join this degree at any one of the Best Hotel Management Colleges in India.
- Career Opportunities after Bachelor of Tourism and Travel Management: There is an abundance of job opportunities that this degree has to offer. And some job areas in which students can work after completing this degree include Travel Agencies, State Tourism Departments, Hotels, Restaurants, Cruise, etc.
B.Sc. Nutrition & Dietetics: B.Sc. Nutrition & Dietetics is a three-year degree that can be easily pursued by commerce students after 12th standard. Realizing the worth of food-related requirements of the individuals and how to manage them in the right manner, the professions of dieticians and nutritionists have become the most sought after these days. And this is one of the most paying streams as well.
- Career Opportunities after B.Sc. Nutrition & Dietetics: There are plenty of career opportunities after this degree and the top ones include health advisors, nutritionists, dietitians, etc.
B.Sc. Hospitality & Hotel Administration: Hospitality is a wider branch under which there are many segments and students will have core areas as their options. This degree is of three-year duration in which they will get to learn the basic as well advanced principles of the discipline.
- Career Opportunities after B.Sc. Hospitality & Hotel Administration: The job opportunities after B.Sc. Hospitality and Hotel Administration are mainly in the areas of Kitchen Management/Housekeeping Management, Flight Kitchen, Indian Navy Hospitality service Guest/Customer Relation Executive in Hotel and other Service Sector, Executive in an international and national fast-food chain, Shipping and Cruise liner, Marketing/Sales Executive in Hotel and other Service Sector, State Tourism Development Corporation, Multinational companies, Resort Management, and Hospital & Institutional Catering.
Conclusion: At the graduate level, there are different programs— related to commerce discipline as well as others but all those that we have mentioned above, hold great prospects in the present time. You can choose any one of them and still craft a successful future on the foundation of robust learning/training.
Chandigarh Group of Colleges Landran offers all of these undergraduate courses. There are various colleges under this institute within which the degrees are offered. And if you have made up your mind to choose the degree of your choice, you can rely on the college and get yourself enrolled via the Online Admission Portal. The decision is yours; go for it!