M.Sc. Mathematics is a two-year full-time degree that has been a very crucial part and the subject of academics. This discipline is of great importance as a lot of career options come out of it. Bearing this in mind, Chandigarh Group of Colleges Landran has initiated this degree program from the session 2020.
This degree, M.Sc. Mathematics at CGC Landran is a two-year full-time degree that is affiliated to I. K. Gujral Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar. These two years have been split into four semesters with each semester having different subjects to impart. To know the eligibility criteria, fee details, scope, and career opportunities after this degree proceed with us.
Subjects under M.Sc. Mathematics at CGC Landran:
The semester wise subjects are listed as given below:
- Complex Analysis
- Ordinary Differential Equations and Special Functions
- Mathematical Methods
- Introduction to Computer Algebra System (Lab)
- Real Analysis-II
- Partial Differential Equations
- Numerical Analysis
- Numerical Analysis (Lab)
- Number Theory and Cryptography
- Mathematical Statistics
- Functional Analysis
- Number Theory and Cryptography (Lab)
- Differential Geometry
- Elective subjects
Eligibility: To get admission in M.Sc. Mathematics, the candidates must have passed BA/B.Sc. or equivalent degree from a recognized university with 50% marks in aggregate with Mathematics as one of the major subjects.
Fee details: To know the complete fee details of the M.Sc. Mathematics course, please follow this link https://www.cgc.edu.in/cgc-landran-fee-structure/
Career Opportunities after this degree:
While mentioning the structure of this degree, it becomes important to remember what prospect this degree holds. The major job openings that a candidate can look for are in the following sectors:
- Research and Development
- Utility Companies
- Engineering Firms
- Central Government Departments
- State Government Departments
Other than Variety of Engineering Courses in 2020, this discipline is a well-structured program that one can choose after completing intermediate/degree/diploma in Science Background.
The list of career opportunities that a candidate can take up after concluding this degree includes:
- Interest Rate Trading Strategist
- Loan Officer
- Research and Accountant
- Treasury Management Specialist
Other areas in which students can work: After completing this degree, the students can appear for various government exams including TET, CTET, SLET, NET, CSIR NET, SET, PRT, PGT, TGT, etc. The students can also go with tests such as Civil Services Exams, Banking Jobs, Insurance Exams, etc.
Online Admission Process:
To get admission to M.Sc. Mathematics at CGC Landran, follow these steps:
- Visit the official website: www.cgc.edu.in Click the link ‘Apply online’
- A registration form will appear; fill that form.
- A login ID and password will be generated.
- This completes the registration process.
- Using the same login details, fill the admission form.
- Attach your scanned documents along with a passport size photograph.
- Cross verify and check the details before submitting the form
- Submit the form
- After that, transfer the college fee to the institute’s account through the online payment mode.
- This will complete your admission process.
Conclusion: M.Sc. Mathematics can be your chance of unlocking the world of opportunities. There is a wide variety of choices and you have the liberty to pick the right one. For that CGC Landran is here to assist you in this awesome journey towards success.
We have all the information accumulated that would help you make the right career choice. Starting from Placement cell to Corporate Resource Centre, we have established departments to supervise all sorts of activities. We also have international exchange programs to enable students to explore opportunities at a global level. Now, it is all up to you and your plans. Choose wisely!