The Best Engineering colleges in India offer multiple degrees with different specializations and majors. With the excess of options, one might stumble while choosing the right college or even the branch that suits one’s best interest. When you have to pick options, you need to have the complete information to back your decision. If you are choosing a degree for the postgraduate level, you can take an undergrad degree as a tracker but if you are yet to choose a degree for the bachelor’s level, here’s how.
To take a decision that would turn out to be lucrative shortly, you should be abreast of the latest and ongoing trends in the industry. But a little before that, you need to know what are the engineering streams that can be opted in the current times. Once you set your focus on the engineering stream, you can choose the best college too.
To help you have a smooth decision-making plan, we have jotted down these steps:
1. Step one of choosing the right engineering branch: Know your options.
Before making any progress, make sure that you know all the options available and study them carefully.
The modern era supports engineering in different disciplines. From medical sciences to computers, engineering degrees are supporting each domain. Before moving further take a look at all the available options.
Some of the most lucrative streams offered by top Engineering Colleges:
- Computer Science Engineering
- Electronics & Communications Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Information Technology Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Agricultural Engineering
- Biochemical Engineering
Different streams focus on specific areas of the domain. The choices that one makes while choosing a program must be directed by the career opportunities and scope embedded in that branch.
2. Step two: Filter down the options according to their job orientation
With a viewpoint of job orientation, the four most remunerative and packed with wide scope disciplines include Computer Science Engineering, Electronics & Communications Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Information Technology Engineering. Each branch has its benefits and career opportunities, so one needs to understand it separately.
It is an academic domain that blends the principles of computer engineering and computer science. This branch deals with computer programming, networking, and computer hardware, programming language, computer software, program designs, and algorithms.
After completing the degree, students can get jobs as
- Design Engineers
- Solution Integrators
- Network Administrators
- Database Administrators
- Software Testers
- Domain Consultants
- Industries Officer (Technical), and other related profiles.
Electronics and Communication engineering is another branch that is packed with voluminous scope. ECE includes the study of non-linear and active electrical components which is used to design electric circuits, devices, systems, etc.
The completion of the Electronics and Communication Engineering degree helps the students in working as:
- Service engineers
- Network planning engineers
- R&D Software engineers
- Network Administrators
- Software Analysts
- Technical directors
Some of the companies that give opportunities to ECE graduates include ISRO, DRDO, BSNL, BHEL, HPCL, NTPC, BEL, IES, etc.
Information technology, generally, deals with the usage of computer systems to retrieve, store, transfer or manage the data or information.
Engineering in Information Technology can help students get jobs as
- Network Administrators
- Database Administrators
- Data Security Administrators
- Information System managers
- Computer Technicians
- Computer Support Specialists, etc.
Mechanical Engineering deals with the heavy machinery industry. This branch applies principles of engineering, physics and material science for the design, analysis, manufacturing, and maintenance of mechanical systems.
After completing this degree, the students can start working as
- Control and instrumentation engineer.
- Maintenance engineer.
- Mechanical engineer.
- CAD Technician, etc.
3. Step Three: Know your interests
Once you have explored all the potential options, think of your interests.
CSE: If you are really into computers and have a knack for coding and stuff, you know what to do, right? Computer Science Engineering revolves around computers, software, programming, etc and if you enjoy the idea of being a part of this digital world, you can choose Computer Science Engineering.
ME: Mechanical Engineering is all about heavy machinery, working of a motor, kinematics, etc. Those who love the idea of building machines and being part of the heavy machines industry should go for this stream.
ECE: Now there is another stream which deals with gadgets and gizmos. All the latest types of equipment are made by engineers from this stream only and yes, the stream is Electronic and Communication Engineering. If this idea of making new equipment excites you—well, you know what to do.
IT: The IT industry is on a roll and has been expanding year on year. So, if you like to play a part in bringing the world closer by maintaining and managing the systems associated with information technology, you should go for this stream.
4. Step Four: Select a branch
Depending on your interest and capability, you need to pick one of the aforementioned streams. Now your next step is to choose the best engineering college.
5. Step five: Categorize the best Engineering Colleges in India
Having selected a branch, you need to see which colleges offer the same degree. Out of those colleges that offer this degree, make categories. Keep these points in mind and then evaluate and filter down the colleges:
- Location: Take note of what location the college is situated in. Make sure to go for a college that is near or adjacent to a big city and can be easily located on the map.
- Educational Facilities: Safe your efforts by striking those names off the list that use the traditional educational methods. Go for those institutes that have employed advanced pedagogy and use the latest teaching aids. Make sure to check if the college provides ultramodern laboratories packed with advanced equipment and instruments.
- Accreditations and Approval: You might miss this point but it is quite important. Make sure to know the institutes or agencies by which the college has received accreditation. The better the college, the more credible the agencies from which they have received the approvals.
- Fee structure: It is important to see if the college is providing proper facilities against the fee they are asking. And also, you need to see if your pocket allows the same or not.
- International Exposure: You should also see if the college has helped the alumni in reaching the global standards. See what sort of International University collaborations and exchange programs are being offered.
- Placement and Internships: Take notes on the placement and internship records of the college. Have a look on the list of Top recruiters of the college and then make sure to look into the placement offers received, highest salary package, and other associated things.
- Scholarships: For those students belonging to economically weaker sections, scholarships should be provided. Colleges that take care of all will be providing scholarships. So, this is yet another point worth looking for.
Step 6: Go for the best college!
No need to say, you are supposed to only sieve down those colleges that offer the best of everything. Be it the college’s location or be it the college’s placement record, choose the one with the best credentials. The college that has all of the aforementioned qualities and points should become your choice.
And before making a decision, know the Things you should while joining Engineering College in India.
All things considered…
To land into the right branch at the best engineering college, you need to proceed step-wise. Out of the different streams being offered by various colleges, get to know the ones with the most voluminous scope. After that, match your interests with the functions and works of different domains. The branch which is closest to your interests should become your choice. This is then followed by choosing the best college. You have been told how to do that.
Speaking of which, Chandigarh Group of Colleges Landran is one such college that offers these engineering degrees at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. The college is packed with happening events and is well recognized in the region. With a legacy of 19 years and an excellent placement record, this college can become your desired landing place for a great career ahead.