Living a fast-paced life and hectic work schedules these days often trigger our minds to wonder how to take care of our health. And one of the easiest ways of doing so to have control over what we eat. In this modern world, the right diet plays a vital role in maintaining good health, and to supervise the diet plans, people often turn to dietitians. Quite obviously, a career as a Dietitian or Nutritionist in India can turn out to be great. To become so, the candidates need to pursue a Nutrition and Dietetics Course.
Before even getting to know how one can become a nutritionist, one needs to know what tasks have to be done by nutritionists/dietitians:
- Understand the nutritional values of different food items.
- Undertake the nutritional assessment of patients with medical conditions.
- Advice and educate patients with diet-related disorders.
- Provide befitting nutritional care plans to patients with disorders.
- Promote health and well-being by informing the public about the importance of diet and nutrition.
As dieticians, the candidates would be able to cure various complex health-related conditions. Some of the departments where the students can work include the following:
- Wellness and prevention
- Drug de-addiction
- Weight management
- Eating disorder management
- Curing development disabilities
- Food culinary and supermarkets management
If you are thinking about pursuing a career as a dietician/nutritionist in India, this is how you can do that. We would like to assist you, but before moving ahead, let’s discuss what career opportunities you can explore and how.
- The first step is the completion of 12th standard in any stream from a recognized university/college.
- After that, you need to pursue a degree in nutritionist/dietitian from one of the Best Hotel Management Colleges in India.
- Get trained in the field by undergoing training sessions in various organizations.
- Start working.
Once you have completed your degree, you will be able to work on the given profiles anywhere in the world.
- Clinical Dietician
- Dietetic Technician
- Health Coach
- Health Educators and Community Health Worker
- Holistic Nutritionist
- Licensed Nutritionist
- Nutrition Specialist
- Registered Dietician
- Registered Nurse
- Rehabilitation Counselor
- Sports Nutritionist
Some of the Top degrees and diplomas in Nutrition and dietetics:
Programs after 12th standard:
- B.Sc Nutrition & Dietetics
- Certificate in Dietetics
- Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics
- Diploma in Diet Assistant
Programs after Bachelor’s Degree:
- M.Sc. in Nutrition and Dietetics
- M.Sc. in Clinical Nutrition
- PG Diploma in Dietetics
- PG Diploma in Dietetics and Public Health
Conclusion: A career in this field can bring you way closer to a successful life. Nutritionists and dietitians make good money, and they are always at liberty to work in the area of their choice. For this, the candidates need to pursue a degree in Nutrition & Dietetics from a reputed institute.
Chandigarh Group of Colleges Landran offers a four-year degree in Nutrition & Dietetics, which is inclusive of all practical and theoretical postulates. All those interested in making a career in this field can join CGC. The college offers exclusive training and development programs in various areas ranging from communication skills to technical skills. So if you want to build a career in this field, then start this journey at CGC Landran, apply online now.